Fashion, Gadgets, Cars, Movies, Music & Me.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Oscar Nominations

Best Picture: "Brokeback Mountain", "Capote", "Crash", "Good Night, and Good Luck" and "Munich".

Well, I got my prediction for best picture nominations wrong, Capote and Munich weren't in my list. Was suprised that Walk The Line was not in the nominations because I thought that the movie would be a very strong contender for Brokeback Mountain. Before making my prediction, I wasn't sure either to put Capote or The Constant Gardener in the nominations but since the latter just been nominated for BAFTA award, I guess that could influence the juries of the Oscar to pick them. My prediction for best picture would be like anyone else; Brokeback Mountain because of its deep social message but Crash might shocked the public again like they did during Screen Actors Guild (SAG).
I really hope that this time Heath Ledger will win the best actor award simpy because of his strong performance in the movie and he hasn't won anything yet. He's competing against Philip Seymour Hoffman who played his part very well as Truman Capote but Heath Ledger did show some meaningful emotions in Brokeback Mountain (in which the audiences can empathize) whilst creating his own character in the movie as a kinda shy guy with depressed childhood or very strict upbringing.
For best actress award, I really hope that Felicity Hoffman wins it despite her lost to Reese Witherspoon during SAG award (I always thought that Felicity is the best Desperate Houswives out of four actresses).
I supposed, the theme for Oscar this year is LGBT with Brokeback Mountain (about gay lovers), Capote (a gay writer) and Transamerica (regarding a transexual father) in the nominations. It would be nice if the Irish movie Breakfast On Pluto (tranverstism) also been nominated for the award like it was nominated for the Golden Globes.

Image hosting by Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home